Monday, August 20, 2012

All That Glitters...

All that glitters is not gold.  That literally just popped into my head.  It's been some time since my last post thanks to school starting for my kids.  Life has been otherwise uneventful and I have struggled to find another significant topic to blog.  So, I will follow my intuition and go with "all that glitters is not gold."  It is certainly a wealth, a mine, a treasure (hee hee:) of a topic to discuss.  Yet, for a spiritual perspective, I will focus on the concept of illusion.

Illusion is suggested in this well known saying by the idea that something glittering at first glance appears to be gold.  I believe as a society we are extraordinarily suspectible to this mistake when our economy is in the toilet.  Most of us are feeling the financial "pinch" and for others it is a vice.  With the pressure to survive, it is understandable we would be stopping and turing toward every glittery opportunity.  While this is a necessity, it brings many pitfalls.  It becomes very easy to follow the money and ignore our true path.

I have recently had my own wrestling match between making money and staying true to my calling.  I have considered teaching college,  starting a second hand store, getting certified as an EMT, and driving a cab.  The sad thing is I am not joking!  After much soul searching and meditation, I have decided to stay my course.  I will trust myself and the God of my understanding to provide for my needs.  Time will tell and I will keep you posted on how my path unfolds.  Bottom line...we either fear or we trust love.  I myself choose to trust love.

No comments:

Post a Comment